Danny Daze – RA Podcast 334
Danny Daze – RA Podcast 334. Download and stream full MP3 set to your desktop and mobile smartphone. Full bio and tracklist provided. Released by Resident Advisor October 22, 2012
The man from Miami.
Danny Daze’s breakthrough track, “Your Everything,” placed him at the vanguard of the slower, ’80s-influenced house sound that has come to prominence these past two years. It was two of the style’s chief proponents, Jamie Jones and Lee Foss, who first recognized the track’s potential, signing it to their Hot Creations label at the start of 2011. With its K-addled robo vocal, “Your Everything” went on to become the unofficial anthem of last year’s WMC; B-side “Fall Away From Love,” a more straight-ahead brand of anthem, proved equally as potent for those who flipped the record. The success at Miami was particularly sweet for Daze. The producer, real name Daniel Gomez, was raised in city and had been a part of its rave community as a DJ since the age of 13.
During any music-led conversation with Gomez, his love for classic electro is bound to be discussed—he’s most recently applied the influence on his rolling remix of Justin Martin and Pillowtalk’s “The Gurner” for Dirtybird. And on RA.334 the spirit of the sound runs rampant via music from Anthony Rother, Dexter, Legowelt and unreleased music from Gomez himself.
- Anthony Rother – Biomechanik
- Bjorn Torske – Slitte Sko (Crimea X Remix)
- Aksel Friberg – Viking Line
- Second Hand Satellites – Orbit 1.4
- Feedback – The Flow
- Wolfram Feat. Haddaway – Thing Called Love (Legowelt Special Remix Dub)
- Marco Passarani – I House You (Danny Daze Edit)
- Joe Lentini – V Bomb Wrap (Danny Daze Edit)
- Radionasty – Radio 1 [The Nothing Special - TNS 001]
- Dexter – Untitled (Live Cut)
- Joss Moog – Forever Pimpin
- Daniel Maloso – Discoteca Cavernícola
- Red Axes – Say No More
- Mario & Vidis – Care (Danny Daze Smokin Dub Mix)
- Jori Hulkkonen – Bass Is A Many Splendored Thing
- Third Culture – Bass Is A Many Splendored Thing
- Renaissance Man – Natty Jussi (Jori Hulkkonen Remix)
- James White – Track 4
Resident Advisor: Danny Daze
About, Biography, Events, Charts, Tracks, DJ Feed, Photos, RA News, RA Editorial
Maaaaaaan people hate reading bios. Real quick, started DJing in 99′. Would DJ weddings at 14 years old and use the money on vinyl for my rave gigs. Started making music in 04′ on a cracked version of Fruity Loops. Went to SAE to learn WTF I was doing and graduated first in my class of 13. Most of my youth was spent collecting vinyl and seeking out doubles to trade with others. My early influences came from Miami Bass & Booty music, which led to Electro & Techno. Started an Electro record label in 2005 which released white labels and official V/A double packs. Now I produce electronic music and travel quite a bit. Usually try to sneak in at least 5 hours of sleep a day. The main focus of my DJ sets is to make people dance, deeply commanded by Detroit Techno and Italo Disco. While my main focus in music production is to push myself & try something a bit different than the last session I had open. Thanks for reading. Have a great day.